Thursday 21 October 2010

About environmentally friendly practices


Actually, the world is suffering from overpopulation. This is the main cause of contamination of the planet; our land is being razed for our actions as specie. Men need to have a place to live and where to develop technology that will make our lives easier. For this reason we have neglected our planet in favor of our comfort and quality of life.

Another major problem about this topic is our behavior. We have to educate the newer generations. Personally, I think people should learn to take care of the planet since childhood, because children understand and learn faster about the love and care necessary to protect nature, they are always easier to stimulate and acquire good habits. They are the best candidates to learn about environmentally friendly practices.

Generally my contribution to the environment is not enough, although I always put the garbage in the waste baskets, but I do have a garden in my house, I try to take care of it and keep it green, because plants clean the air and produce oxygen. When I have to get rid of organic trash I use in my garden, because this serves as fertilizer.

When I have to go somewhere near, I prefer to walk, this is optimal to exercise your body and avoid using public transportation which pollutes the air.

If you ask me if I joined or supported any eco-friendly organization, I must say no. No, because this needs time to participate and a true commitment. However I would like to do something related to the protection of endangered species especially the coastal fauna.

Finally I would say that we need to reduce the amount of cars in Santiago and enforce programs to reduce the pollution and reward companies that follow these policies particularly industries located within the city, this will help improve the quality of the air.

If we all work together as a society and commit ourselves to protect our environment we will ensure a clean planet for future generation.

1 comment:

  1. I completeley agree with you, children are our future!!

    ReplyDelete