Friday 3 September 2010

The future of states universities in Chile


I have no clue about the privatization problem, from my point of view, as a student of Universidad de Chile, the future is unclear. I feel like I´m enrolled in a private institution rather than state university, because I pay for my education. The fee is very expensive, I can´t apply for student loans, because both of my parents work and they own their house.
If you ask me, there´s no free college education, it just doesn´t exist. Therefore I think privatization has been imposed in our state university system, but It`s hidden.
The state university system should be free for all people. The solution is joining forces to fight, but a radical and intelligent fight. This objective should unite different ways of thinking and allow us to act quickly before this problem gets worst
Definitely, I think this government will privatize the Universidad de Chile, because our president is a big businessman, his interest is the economy and get along with other entrepreneurs. Everything is for sale… That´s scary!!!
The only thing that can save us, would be if the president made a promise to keep universities from being privatized the same way it occurred with Punta de Choros.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Viviana!
    I agree with you because I think that the privatization of public education is a fact, I must to pay for my education!
    I see you in class
    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!!

    I agree with you ...
    I think many of us wondered the same, studied at the University of Chile, state university, but it seems private, but pay less than private universities, we are still pagand a monthly amount of money ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you Vivi!!!

    ReplyDelete